Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Julie - Featured in the Winnipeg Free Press!


Winnipeg Free Press - PRINT EDITION

StreetStyle: Julie Pritchard

Julie Pritchard
Julie Pritchard (CELINE BONNEVILLE / WINNIPEG FREE PRESS)
Between her roles as shop owner and a mother, this lead designer at The Floral Fixx keeps very busy. Her shop specializes in floral arrangements for weddings and events, and requires keeping up with the trends and staying current with the latest fashions. Pritchard told us, "Part of what you're selling is yourself; the client needs to feel comfortable in you and that you're going to portray the look they want. So I feel if you can't dress yourself and look presentable then maybe they won't trust in you." Pritchard managed to carve out an afternoon for herself with a shopping trip and recent splurge at Swarovski Crystal at St. Vital Shopping Centre.

What she wore...

Jacket, leggings and boots - "Le Chateau is definitely one of my favourites. They have a bunch of different sizes; I'm a little bit more on the plus size, so their sizing isn't just for size 6 or 7 clothing. They're very current, trendy and modern and they have a big selection."
Tank top -- "It's a tank top with a scoop neck and I think it was from Ricki's."
Necklace -- "The necklace is Stella & Dot from the home jewelry parties. I've had this one for a year and I wear it tons."
Earrings -- "Earrings are Lia Sophia, from another home jewelry party."
Sunglasses -- "The sunglasses are from one of my friend's store. They're Oakley glasses, and I got them from Linden Ridge Eye Care. She has the most amazing selection of sunglasses."
Purse -- "I got this at a spa here in Winnipeg."
Ring -- "My ring is my newest purchase. Today I wanted a little pick-me-up. My five-year-old daughter isn't with me today, so I decided to go out shopping. I walked by the Swarovski Crystal store and saw it in the window and fell in love and thought I should have it. I wore it right out of the store," says Pritchard, laughing.

Fashion essential

"Jewelry is my go-to item. I always try and find some unique jewelry and then a matching bag to go with the jewelry. Like today, I'm wearing all black -- it's a pretty simple outfit but I think the jewelry really dresses it up and gives it a little bit of sparkle."

Fashion tip

"I always find putting heels on makes your legs look long and slender. And then for myself I probably wouldn't go around with just a tank top. I would put a little shell or jacket over it. I just feel for my size and body type, that's what suits me best and looks most stylish."

No comments:

Post a Comment