Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Testimonial: Jocelyn & Tim

We received this lovely email from Jocelyn (along with some pictures) and I just had to post them. We had such a blast doing her flowers; they're so unique and different (see below) and we were so happy to hear that she loved them! Thanks to Sugar and Soul Photography for the photos.


Ceremony and Reception were both in Niverville, MB - at the Niverville
Heritage Centre in the Atrium.

Julie was awesome to work with!  I knew as soon as I met her that she was the person to do the flowers for me.  She understood exactly what I was looking for and showed a ton of enthusiasm in adding additional touches to them to make them even more unique.  I didn't want flowers that were "bridal and expected" and I think she nailed it!

I worked weddings for years (about 10) so I have seen a LOT of weddings.  To me, weddings start to look the same and I wanted something more unique. That is part of the reason we chose winter.  We chose to do as many outdoor pictures as we could in the beautiful Timber Frame Atrium in Niverville. We even did a little bit of snowmobiling that day!  

I knew that with a white dress out in the white snow we were going to need flowers that had a real punch.  We had decided on a black/white/silver color scheme and I knew we needed to add a bright color to that mix.  Purple has always been a favourite of mine (I had my purple shoes and purple boots even before I had the dress) so I started to do a lot of online searching for purple flowers. I found about 15 pictures or so of things that I liked and took them to Julie.  She combined the aspects that I liked and came up with something truly amazing!

I LOVE bling (we had acrylic diamonds all over the place at the reception) so I didn't hesitate at all to go big and loud on the flowers.  My friends would have been disappointed if I had wimped out!






No comments:

Post a Comment